Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Put the Residents over Tourists!



Of course when you live in a city like Chicago not everything is going to attract to you all the time. Being a resident is completely different than just living near the city or being a tourist. As a resident you have probably already been to the exhibits, downtown restaurants, navy pier, the Millennium Park, and possibly the museums. Just knowing that you could visit these attractions anytime you want allows residents to shake off the idea of visiting these places. Whats the rush to go today when I can visit ANYTIME I WANT?!  Do I think that the attractions were worth it...Definitely. These attractions make Chicago a very popular city to visit and live in. It feels good to say yes I live in Chicago and I have seen all of the attractions. The main reason why it was worth it is because the income it brings from all of the tourists on top of the resident visits. We did pay the price for the attractions but in the end they continue to bring in the BIG BUCKS. Now that that is said, should we be investing our resources in other developments now. HELL YES! Ok the attractions are build and they may occasionally need maintenance work or have theme changes for different events or seasons. Now is the time to invest money from those attractions to the residents needs. 


I was only a resident of Chicago for a small time, but I know that parking is a huge issue, school resources and programs are needed, jobs are scarce, affordable housing is needed, and many other things. I agree with the attractions being built but I feel that today more attention needs to be paid to the city residents needs instead of the upkeep of these attractions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment